Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And we're back!

My last post was September 13, 2010. Not so coincidently, that is the day I went into labor. My precious little boy is now 5 months old. Wow how time has flown. Having a baby is so much more time and energy consuming than I ever could have imagined. We took all the classes and read several parenting books but really there is no way to prepare for the life changing event of having a baby. I am so thankful that my husband is such a great team player and really does do his fair share of caring for our baby. Even with a great partner we both became exhausted from the high demands of a newborn very quickly. We were zombies for the first 3 months and it still amazes me that our bodies can function with such high stress and on so little sleep. My son has taught me so much about myself in the last 5 months. He has shown me that I am capable of more than I thought and continues to keep me on my toes. I plan to blog more frequently and share some of my favorite this about being a mom.

0 comments: