Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vegging out

Today is one of those days where I can think of a million things I should be doing but have the motivation for none of them. Sure, the projects and dishes and laundry need done but they will just have to wait for tomorrow. Some days I feel energized. Today I am just a lump, I think baby is moving around more than I am.

I woke up this morning at 2 am with a full bladder, as usual. After I hopped back in bed I just tossed and turned, unable to get comfortable and ignore the grumbling in my stomach. After about an hour I gave up on sleep and headed to the kitchen. As I walked down the stairs my kitties looked at me with their sleepy eyes wondering what I was doing up at this hour. They sweetly followed me down and kept me company. As I stumbled into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator door the first 2 things to catch my eye would be my meal, a hard boiled egg and a chocolate protein drink. Now that may not sounds very appealing, but at 2 am the choices are limited to only those things which take zero effort to prepare and consume. After reading through some emails I headed back up to bed determined to get some sleep. Even though I did eventually fall back asleep, it wasn't very restful and I woke up this morning feeling groggier than I did at 2 am.

I suppose I will become fairly acquainted with this feeling once little t arrives, but I was hoping to prolong it as much as possible. It is amazing how much sleep (or lack of) can affect ones mood.

7 comments:

Jessica Warrick said...

yeah i felt like vegging out today too. so all i did was work on my blog and gaining new followers. instead of the mountain of sewing i should be doing.

Elsie said...

Just wait until the baby is here! Mine is 15 months and it seems like I never get anything done! Cute blog... thanks for visiting mine and I'm following you back. =)

Kathleen said...

Oh, I have had many of those days myself. You will get accustomed to being tired and living off of very little sleep and it will get better. Here is hoping it gets smoother for you. Thanks for buzzing by.

Kathleen
http://www.lifewith4boys.com

NorCalMom said...

Thanks for stopping by Lemons to Lemonade. I am now following you.

Unknown said...

When through that before. I am sorry! It won't get easier when the baby is here. Try to takes naps even during the day.
Don't worry about the rest. Sleep as much as you can because when the baby is here, not only you will have to recover from delivery but take care of a baby and feed him or her every 2 or 3 hours...it is tough. Ask for help now and when the baby is here.
Would love for you to say hi and follow me back, Happy buzzing thursday!
Frenchy

Just Wrap It Fitness said...

Thanks for buzzing by, I am your newest follower. Have a great week!!

Smiles,
Nicole

Twee Poppets said...

Thanks so much for stopping by to follow Twee Poppets! I'm following you back! :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com